As Spring quickly approaches, we’re thinking about brighter days and warmer temperatures on the horizon. The season of spring evokes feelings of renewal and new beginnings. With this in mind, our team is sharing tips on sprucing up your space for the Spring. We’re suggesting a few small tweaks and design additions in your home (beyond the obligatory vase of fresh florals!) that will make a big impact this season.
Use artwork to fill your blank walls: One of the most powerful ways to elevate your space is building your artwork collection by adding to a blank wall. Take your time with these selections and do your research. Visit local art galleries and discover artists you love. Spending money on art is an investment in your home!
Bookshelf Styling: Styling your bookshelves can truly feel like an art form, but we’re providing a step-by-step guide for proudly displaying your memorabilia, decor pieces, framed photos, and more!
- Step 1) Remove everything from the bookshelf or built-in shelving
- Step 2) Give the shelves a good dusting
- Step 3) Start organizing your items into categories
- Step 4) Donate or store what you are no longer using or does not fit and make room for your favorite pieces. Sometimes less is more!
- Step 5) Systematically begin to return items to the shelves in a balanced pattern. Repeating patterns or collections in a symmetrical way is the trick
- Step 6) Begin filling in the gaps, step back for a full view, and then continue to make adjustments until it’s just right
Pro Tip: Take your time with these selections. You will want the pieces to be special, reflect your style, and tell your story.
Bedding: As something that you use every day, your bedding has to make you feel most comfortable season-to-season! After a cold winter, it is the perfect time to shed some layers and carefully select luxurious linens that can completely alter the look (and feel!) of any bedroom.
Here a few of our favorite techniques for a bedding refresh:
- Add a variety of textures and layers.
- Crisp, white linens are always a Southern Studio must!
- Add a quilt or duvet folded at the end of the bed to be used as needed.
- Have fun with your throws and pillows. Feel free to play with colors, patterns and textures to build upon basic bedding.