ASID Carolinas Spring Conference in Greenville, South Carolina

Last week, I had the pleasure of attending the ASID Carolinas Spring Conference in Greenville, South Carolina.  It was a great experience on so many levels.  First, I had no idea that downtown Greenville, SC was so beautiful!  


As co-chair of our local ASID design community, I attended a training session designed to brainstorm new and creative ideas for our Chapter.  I was fortunate to meet many other ASID volunteers from across the Carolinas! 


A few of my fellow ASID Carolinas Design Community chairs Sherrerd Hartness from Greenville, SC, Lauren Russell from Mount Pleasant, SC, and ASID Carolinas Board Member Duval Acker. 

Friday afternoon was spent listening to a few fabulous and inspiring speakers.  First, was Lloyd Princeton of Design Management Company.  He provided unique and thought-provoking insight into the business of interior design.  He sparked some creative ideas that have had me thinking ever since!  The second speaker of the afternoon was Michelle Pollack, a well-known children’s designer from Charleston, South Carolina.  A special thanks to the ASID Carolinas leadership for organizing the conference, especially Chapter President Emily Walser.

Not only was the conference awesome, I had the added bonus of visiting with my dear friend, Amy Elliott.  The highlight was getting a tour of the city in the middle of fierce thunderstorms AND sharing a great bottle of wine and sushi while catching up.  Life doesn’t get any better…..thanks Amy!

One comment

  1. My name is Ben Carroll, and I own a decorative concrete business in Greenville SC. My family and I just moved here from Cincinnati in December. We are new to the area, and wanted to get our business name out there. 90% of our work is decorative overlays. The other 10% is stamped concrete. With today’s economy, people seem to be leaning more towards restoring their older concrete surfaces. It is much more economical to resurface concrete than to tear it out and re-pour. Concrete overlays are great for pool decks, patios, and sidewalks. We have also seen a recent trend in restaurants and commercial applications. They provide an excellent opportunity to use an existing concrete floor and transform it into a durable, decorative surface. They also allow the home and business owners to customize the look of their concrete.
    We specialize in spray overlay, texture trowel, concrete stain, and many other overlay applications. If you have a minute, check out the site to learn a little bit about us. Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries. Thank you for your time.

    Ben Carroll

    Comment by Ben Carroll on January 27, 2011 at 8:51 am

The comments are closed.