”Design is one of those magical realms that elevate and inspire us on a subconscious level.”-Tom Peters
As you put away your holiday decorations and prepare for a new year, take some time to make your home the perfect sanctuary. Here are a few thoughts and trends for 2009:
- Make sure every room has something special that makes a statement: a great piece of art, a fabulous rug, a striking furniture piece, spectacular faux finishing, a beautiful mantle arrangement, or magnificent tile design.
- Consider using unique, one-of-a-kind, handcrafted items. The beauty of the artistry is warm and personal.
- There are a lot of green products being used in interiors today: water conserving plumbing fixtures, energy efficient lighting and appliances, and green fabrics and furniture. One of my favorite new products is a spectacular bed made from mango wood….an entirely green product!
- Group objects together to create collections. This unifies individual pieces into one striking statement and eliminates visual clutter.
- Outdoor spaces are becoming an extension of our interiors. Create an outdoor living area that is inviting and comfortable. Don’t be afraid to include comfortable pillows and cushions. The weather resistant fabrics made today are fabulous!
- Keep a minimalist approach to your design. Current trends lean towards traditional interiors with a global influence. The minimalist trend also includes clean lines and a contemporary twist.
- And, what about color? More on color trends later…..
The ultimate goal is to create a home that is a comfortable respite from the outside world!
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
The comments are closed.